Climate Investor One
Climate Investor One is a “whole-of-life” financing facility for early-stage project development, construction financing, and refinancing to fast-track renewable energy projects in developing countries.
CIO has mobilized private sector investment from NWB Bank, Local Pensions Partnership, MP Pensjon, Aegon, KLP, Imas Foundation, and Sanlam.
- Aims to catalyze ~$2.5+ bn in private sector funds at construction phase
- Has raised $555 mn across Development & Construction Equity funds so far
- Has deployed $50 mn into inaugural construction project CleanTech Solar, a pan-Asia rooftop solar platform
- Targets ~4,800 GWh (1,700MW) in electricity generation per year
- Will reduce ~1.8 mn tons of CO2e emissions each year
- Will serve ~12 mn people over project lifetimes