Climate Resilience and Adaptation Finance and Technology Transfer Facility (CRAFT)
CRAFT is the first commercial investment vehicle to focus on technologies and solutions for climate adaptation.
Using a blended finance structure, it invests growth equity in companies delivering climate intelligence or physical products and services for resilience.
The Lab's Role
- Helped develop and refine CRAFT’s blended fund structure
- Engaged critical working group audiences to test investment thesis of the fund
- Facilitated intros and pitches to key investors and funders, particularly on the public/DFI side
- Led a deep dive design study examining structures of comparable technical assistance facilities to inform CRAFT’s TA delivery mechanism
Progress to Date
- Secured $45 mn of approved investment commitments towards a $75 mn first close from European Investment Bank, Nordic Development Fund, and Government of Luxembourg
- Identified 20 relevant climate resilience market segments totaling $130 bn of current spending and mapped more than 700 companies within these segments